Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finding the Happy List

I'm overdue on a Happy List, and since I'm not feeling particularly happy at the moment, I'm thinking that this list is about the best thing I can do right now. God is always good, especially in our darkest hours - heck, that's usually when He's jumping up and down on your heart going, "Hello?! I'm here! Open up and let me do my job, lady!" Message received, Big Guy, so here goes with a little bit of serious and a whole lot of silly (hey, I just go with what works):

  • Easter weekend - is there anything that can lift our hearts more than Easter? You've got the ultimate promise fulfilled, and the opportunity to celebrate it openly in a free country. Amen and hallelujah to that!
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs - I promise to start my diet next Monday, after I stuff myself silly with the greatest food product ever created. No, I am not exaggerating. Do not get between me and my Reese's Eggs.
  • Easter dresses for the Princesses - this year we're going with a chic brown and pink palette, accessorized with the perfect bows, shoes and purses. Yes, they will be the cutest things ever. And again, I am not exaggerating. Wait until I post the photos.
  • Zac Efron back on the big screen - and the small screen, for that matter. He's hosting SNL this weekend (this might actually entice me to watch SNL again). Yes, I have a ridiculous crush on a young man half my age. No, do not remind me that I'm old enough to be his mother (you are so rude). Pass the eggs and move over - you're blocking the TV...and those amazing blue eyes. (My dear knight, if you're reading this, feel free to have a similar crush on Zac's girlfriend. Why wouldn't you? She's gorgeous - and also half your age. Just a friendly reminder. Heh heh.)

Anyone wanna join my viewing party Saturday night?

1 comment:

Michelle Cox said...

Hey -- I'm with you Reese's peanut butter cups. They're right up there with Hersey's Kisses and Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burritos!

I hope you have a great Easter. And since you are kind enough to include me in your blogroll, would you mind changing the name/address? I now host my own site, www.fromthemom.com -- and would appreciate any link love you can give me. It's hard to leave the site where you've been blogging, but it was time.