Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hello, Strangers!

I know. I've been a bad blogger. Bad blogger, bad!

I have no excuse, other than the fact that May has been flippin' nuts. Work, end of Princess E's school year, my sister's graduation, a quickie vacation - and the prep for and recovery from vacation, dance recitals, etc., etc. Did I mention I'm now on a school board? As a result, I now look like this, only...shall we say...a little thicker. (Hey, when you're up until at least midnight every night working on something, sugar is the only thing that'll keep you going. Don't judge me.)
Anywhoo, I'm back and totally ready for a lazy, laid-back STL summer. The princesses and I are planning to spend most of our time at our community's new pool once all our dance recitals are done for the year (one more week - yea!), so me and my fat, pasty thighs will be lounging around for all Ellisville pool-goers to see. I'm apologizing in advance right now, but since I've learned to embrace my lily-white skin and, short of lipo I'm not willing to shell out bucks for, my thighs sure as heck aren't going anywhere, we're all just going to have to learn to live with it. I'll keep them covered as much as possible, but when I'm chasing two water-bugs around, I can't guarantee anything.
So, other than my thighs, I'm looking forward to a frugal (I'm channeling my great-grandma during the Depression and socking cash away - trust me, you need to do the same) but fun summer in the 'Lou. It's easy to do here - lots of fun free and almost-free attractions.
What are y'all planning to do this summer? Let's talk best practices in affordable and low-stress summer fun - winner gets to plan the first "Summer Lovin' in the 'Lou" outing. :-)

(By the way, I have no idea why the formatting on this post is so screwed up and refusing to show my paragraph breaks. Blogger, fix yourself!!)

1 comment:

Michelle Cox said...

Please call me when you're going to the Ellisville pool. I plan to visit often, as well, and I'd love to catch up. Of course, my pasty thighs will give yours a run for your money, and I'll have to keep mine pretty close to the baby pool. :)