Monday, June 29, 2009

Truly A Happy List

Y'all can't even imagine the many, many ways I've seen God's goodness in the past week. The response to my news about being laid off has been tremendously and overwhelmingly positive, and I've had some of the most amazing opportunities given to me - things I never imagined I'd do, and others I've always wanted to do but never had the chance. I'll put one on this week's Happy List, and I'll be announcing others as they're firmed up over the next few weeks. Suffice it to say that I have been on my knees more than once in the past week, humbled by God's grace and blessings beyond what I ever imagined or deserved.

So here goes - feel free to send me your Happy List additions by commenting. God is good - give Him the glory!
  • Come Sept. 8, I'll be a teacher! Yep, I'm the newest addition to the Living Water Academy staff - I'll be teaching computers/digital media to pre-K through 8th graders 11 hours per week in LWA's too-cool computer lab. Wait until you see what we're going to do - all I can say for now is bookmark the LWA website, 'cause we'll be rockin' it come fall, baby!

  • I've got so many exciting meetings set up with a variety of people about freelance opportunities that I've set up a special list in my iPhone just to keep up with them all. I'll tease you with a few hints of subjects I might be dipping my toes into soon: musicals/stage shows, politics, health care, dance and video production. Is it the Broadway production of "Health Care Reform: The Musical"? You'll just have to keep checking back for updates. Heh heh.

  • Check out the website of my dear friend, former colleague, recent SLU MBA grad and seriously talented photographer Maria Donaldson. If you're in the STL area and want beautiful pregnancy/baby/children/family photos, call Maria. I can't wait to get the princesses in front of her camera!

  • While you're checking out websites, mosey on over to my little sister's blog. She's 17 going on about 40, I swear. This Simple Southern Girl is anything but, and I can't wait to see her take my alma mater by storm come fall.

  • And of course, the Princesses. Here's my favorite photo of the week - enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There really are people out there who like the over-done disgusting southern drawl that you manage to write in to everything, not to mention the horrible writing and nauseating cutesy remarks, and a truck load of bragging on yourself every time they read your blog - unbelievable! I'm betting all of it helped relieve you of the job you had.

StLmom said...

Dear Anonymous,
Wow, are you carrying around some baggage? Mistie is a wonderfully entertaining writer with an established voice that is uniquely hers. I'm appalled at the tone you've used in this comment. Why on earth would you leave such a comment? If you don't like this blog, which, incidentally MANY people do, then move right along. There's nothing for you to see here. As for bragging, which is totally ABSENT on this blog, Mistie is unassuming in person and on her blog and if there's any good news she shares about her life or accomplishments, that's not bragging, that's sharing her blessings and with all the challenges she faces makes me and a LOT of others very proud of who she is as a mother, a colleague and a fellow blogger.

Social Engineering said...

Notice that Anonymous stayed that way. Enough said.

Amos' Mom from Virginia said...

Kudos to you for putting up with "ner to do's" like Anonymous. Anyone who has to leave an anonymous comment doesn't deserve your attention, and anyone so mean-spirited should have their computer blow up on them!

Anonymous must not hate it or wouldn't be reading it in the first place! I say he or she is just jealous (and based on his or her style of writing should be).

Keep it up southern mama!

Susan said...

Dear Anonymous,
I feel very sorry for you! You must be a terribly unhappy individual with an extremely cold heart. I've had the pleasure of working with Mistie and have found her to be one of the most sweet, caring, intelligent and modest people I know. No one is forcing you to read her blog. So,as StLmom stated in her response, "move right along."

Maria said...

Great post, Mistie! As always, entertaining and informative -- a breath of fresh air! I love how relatable and honest you are in your writing. Of course, there will always be (anonymous) people who don't relate, in which case, he or she should be delighted to learn that, according to The Blog Herald, there are an estimated 70 million blogs out there just waiting to be explored.

Ted said...

So let me get this right, you actually took time out of your day to log on a computer, type in a web address, read blog posts and then leave a comment like that? Did you run out of spray paint and bathroom walls? I'm sure that once she read your well thought and articulate comments Mistie thought to herself "Oh my God, they're right, I've been doing this wrong all of my life. Thank you for helping me see the error of my ways."
Seriously, I'd like to know what the purpose was.