Thursday, March 19, 2009

Playin' With The Big Dogs

Oh, I am big time now.

My colleague - and more importantly, dear friend - Marijean (aka the STL Working Mom) has named my little ole homegrown effort here one of her "Mom Blogs that Rock." Seriously.

This is a huge deal for me because 1) Marijean's gentle cajoling (OK, actually borderline physical threats) urging me to start a blog is the reason this venture even exists, and she is a uber-well-known Blogger Extraordinaire (she's a flippin' TV news commentator, for goodness sakes!), so the fact that she thinks enough of it to recommend it is seriously flattering; and B) maybe now someone other than my family and certain deeply disturbed friends (I mean that in the best possible way, y'all - love you!) will actually read my blog.

So if you found your way through Ms. Marijean to this little slice of Southern craziness, with a side of two of the most precious little lovelies you will ever meet (that would be Princess E, age six, and Princess G, age three) and a Knight in Shining Armor (a little dented, but loyal and true after 15 years), welcome. Please give me a couple of chances to grow on you (kinda like kudzu) before you run screaming.

And please don't let the "Conservative Christian" label scare you off. I don't speak in tongues (I tried to learn Russian for two years in college, but my attempts were pathetic at best), I don't handle snakes (eeww, that would so ruin my manicure) and I won't try to baptize you with virtual water. I am a ridiculously flawed chick who screws up more times every day than I can count (and then blogs about it - it's cheaper than therapy), and I'm just grateful that God is forgiving. And patient. And eager to love and care for and bless me every day. I just declare "it" to the world from the get-go now because, to quote the wisdom of the great pugilist and admirer of all things Olive Oyl: "I yam what I yam." And for the first sustained period of time in my entire life, I really am starting to like who I am. I hope you'll like me, too.

And if not, well then, bless your heart. Heh heh.

No comments: