Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Singing The La-La Song

That's what I find myself doing at some point every day when I just can't take any more of the sheer insanity going on in the world today - sticking my fingers in my ears, closing my eyes and singing "la la la la la" at the top of my lungs. Childish? Yes. Effective? Kind of. And, it's better for me than drinking heavily.

What I also like to do is compile another addition of the Happy List.

1) Funny or Die - yes, some of the videos are childish, and some are stupid, but some are just dang funny. My current favorite is Jon Hamm starring in "Lex Luthor Bailout." It's Jon Hamm - even if you don't find it funny, it's still a pleasure for the eyes, ladies. Heh.

2) Temperatures in the 60s for at least half the week. Spring is in the air!

3) The iPhone. Oh, how I love this invention. My knight accuses me of being addicted to it. Not true. I can put it down at any time. I just choose to occasionally walk into walls and sort of listen to him whisper sweet nothings (actually, just his ideas for the grocery list) in my ear.

4) Humor from The Patriot Post. 'Cause I am not going to sit around crying in my cornflakes over this mess. Fortunately, with this kind of thing regularly delivered to my email inbox, I don't have to.

Y'all join in and give us some more Happy List suggestions. I know there's some good stuff out there. If not, we're creative people. Or just people increasingly desperate for a good belly laugh. Or just more photos of Jon Hamm.

No comments: