Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oops

Uh-oh, I goofed. I forgot something.

I know. Shocking, right? 'Cause I never forget to do anything. My children have never gone to school with unbrushed hair, and I've never left the house without certain...ahem...important articles of clothing.

Oh, like you've never done that before. Don't judge me.

So I committed the cardinal sin of blogging - I didn't post a comment that one of my many thousands of readers (a girl can dream, right?) was kind enough to leave. And of course, it was a political comment from someone on the other side of the aisle, so it would appear that I didn't post the comment on purpose.

But that's not what happened - I'm not being a Blogging Censor, I'm just chronically sleep-deprived and continually distracted. Here's what actually happened:

So I get this comment through my email, as I get all my comments. This one, though, happens to come through the day before my dear doggie passes away, on a day when I'm rushed, stressed and exhausted. I see it, read it, wonder who in the heck "anonymous" is and which of my friends is such a diehard Democrat that they'd post this particular comment, and when I can schedule their intervention, and I continue running through my emails, intending to come back, post the comment, and then post my own pithy but slightly biting comment to his/her comment.

But that last part never quite happens. Over the next couple of days, I'm distracted by everything else going on, the email moves down off the first page of my emails, and I forget all about it - until I have lunch with a good friend today who makes a cryptic comment about me editing my blog comments.

I, of course, being the clueless wonder that I am these days, think to myself, "What the heck is he talking about?" then blather on through my day. It's only on my way home from work, when I have a few moments in the car to clear my head and think about the day that it hits me what he was talking about. It's the comment I've never posted -and he's "Mr. Anonymous."

Oopsie.

So here I am not only rectifying my error by posting the comment, I'm outing myself as an official Clueless Wonder - and, most painfully, I'm refraining from commenting to Mr. Anonymous' comment. (Rest assured, though, that I had a really snappy comeback ready to go for you, mister.)

And I'm stating for the world my Official Comment Policy - you write it, I'll post it. No editing, no holding back - unless you are ignorant enough to post something vulgar, crude or patently offensive that you would never say if your mama was around. If that happens, I won't post your comment, but I will totally make fun of you for being such a tool in a subsequent blog post. (Hey, if you wanna be an idiot, get your own freakin' blog.)

My deepest apologies, Mr. Anonymous. Please come back and post again - your comments are totally welcome here. Besides, I'll have a marvelous time spanking you in a debate. (And no, when I say spank, I don't mean in a way you would enjoy, you reprobate.)

And for all other commenters, follow the Democrats' voting policy - comment early and often. Heh heh.
Update: It turns out that the guy I thought was my "Mr. Anonymous" - who I also thought was joking - didn't post the comment in question. So, I can only guess at who it is and assume he/she was serious. In which case, he/she deserves the ripping I gave them in my return comment for the childish and ridiculous comment.
And, new policy alert - no more posting of "anonymous" comments. If you make the statement, you better be willing to claim them openly. If not, they're going in the trash bin.

2 comments:

Amy said...

....heh heh "when can you schedule an intervention" for your die hard democrat. You may want to look for a volume discount. Surely I'm not the only one you love and tolerate?

Mistie said...

You're not, and you don't need an intervention. I know and love some wonderful Democrats, and you're one of them, my dear! It's not a Dem vs. Rep issue for me (I'm a registered Independent) - it's a liberal vs. conservative issue. I welcome any opportunity to have an intelligent discussion with anyone about the facts, and I've always found that we learn so much from each other and draw closer together in our views when we do so.

Let's just be sure we schedule the "intervention" somewhere warm, sandy and where beach drinks flow like water! :-P